Firefighters Assist Residents Out Of Smoke Filled Apartment

Shortly before 9PM Tuesday Hammond Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 44 Warren St just West of Hohman Ave.

On arrival crews encountered a smoke filled multi-unit dwelling with 6 separate apartments. Three of the units were occupied with some residents requiring assistance to safely evacuate the house, according to Hammond Fire Chief Jeff Smith. A couple residents were on a second story roof that required crews to get them down and another resident was seen being escorted out the front door by firefighters while RNS was on scene.

Roof where residents awaited assistance. – Sullivan RNS

The fire is believed to have started on the first floor but is still under investigation at this time. There was no reported injuries. Hohman Ave was temporarily closed at fire lines were ran across the street. The Red Cross assisted residents with temporary housing, Smith said.

Photos – Sullivan – RNS
Photos – Sullivan – RNS
Please follow and like us:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)