Following a lengthy investigation by detectives with the Indiana State Police Criminal Investigation Division Lowell Post, evidence and testimony was recently presented to a grand jury. The subject matter of the grand jury involved missing evidence from the Starke County Sheriff’s Department. At the conclusion of the proceedings, the grand jury issued indictments against two former Starke County Sheriff Deputies.
Adam Gray- 50, from Knox, IN
- Official Misconduct- Level 6 Felony (4 counts)
- Theft- Class A Misdemeanor (2 counts)
- Dealing Paraphernalia- Class A Misdemeanor
- Dealing Marijuana- Class A Misdemeanor
Don Ferguson- 54, from South Bend, IN
- Official Misconduct- Level 6 Felony (3 counts)
- Theft of Firearm- Level 6 Felony
- Theft- Class A Misdemeanor
- False Informing- Class B Misdemeanor
Both individuals have turned themselves in to the Stark County Jail. All suspects are presumed innocent until/unless proven guilty in court.